Selling your home in or near San Diego County? Contact McCart Appraisal and make sure you're setting the price right.
Selling your home? You would be wise to invest in an appraisal. An appraisal doesn't cost that much and it pays in the long run! Unless the homeowner studies real estate values on a day to day basis, like a professional appraiser does, it's difficult for them to get a handle on real estate market forces.
We are not talking about how much you have invested in your home, or the amount you need to get out of it. Rather, an appraisal assesses your home's market value.
Technically, something is only worth the price another person is offering to give you.
||Contact us for information regarding the specific services for home sellers we offer.
Going to sell your home yourself?
Quite a few California homeowners are making the decision to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the assistance of a real estate agent. But to do it right, with minimal waiting and for the best price, you need a qualified appraiser. You need an objective opinion, and we understand that it can be very difficult to take an objective look at your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. We will explain to you what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
Not only will getting a professional appraisal help you set a realistic selling price so your home will attract buyers, a professional appraisal can:
It can be surprising to people to discover the value of their home is a great deal more than they thought.
So taking the first step and spending a little on an appraisal allowed them to receive several thousand more than they could have originally banked.
Alternatively, some people have an exaggerated impression of their home's value, and an appraisal helped them to to realistically price their home in order for it to sell quickly - rather than sitting on the market for months. An overpriced home causes buyers to back off, which means no offers and no closing, wasting valuable time, money, and efforts.
- Allow you to have the edge while negotiating when you find a potential buyer
- Put buyers at ease with written proof of the condition of your home inside and out
- Call attention to any problems and eliminate last-minute repair hassles that might stall a closing
- Lower the possibility of hidden problems that cause sales to deteriorate
Get a comprehensive appraisal before listing
Even if you have an extremely talented agent, it's definitely a good idea to get an objective third-party's opinion of value prior to finalizing a listing agreement.
And that's where McCart Appraisal comes in. We can provide you with a pre-listing appraisal that will let you and your agent have a precise writeup of your home's characteristics and a detailed analysis of the most recent and similar comparable sales or as they're commonly called, "comps".
Consulting services for California Sellers: Keep a local expert at your disposal
You might feel like an appraisal is not necessary but you'd still like some help collecting local property and sales data. We
can be a resource for your real estate dilemmas with services especially tailored for consumers with your real estate needs.
If you're curious what you can expect from us when you order an appraisal just take a look....
- We pride ourselves on making sure that when you send your initial inquiry, you get a response ASAP: We will provide you with information tailored for your individual appraisal need. Just tell us your situation, and we will make suggestions.
- Fast turnaround time: Normally in a week's time or less from the date the request is received, you'll have a PDF of the report ready to download.
- Appraisal and consulting report formats that suit YOUR needs:
We've preformed a large amount of assignments, and we understand that in the practice of real estate consulting and appraising, there is no typical or standard "cookie cutter" report. We provide a variety of report types and are experts at providing appraisals to consumers that keep the industry jargon to a minimum and in an easy to digest format with consumers in mind.
- Prompt response to follow-up questions: When we deliver a report to our clients, we make sure they are written in plain English, easy to understand, and adhere to the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that regulates the appraisal practice.
If you have any inquiries about your appraisal after you've read the report, just give us a call or email us!